Wednesday 23 January 2013

scent from heaven


i don't know about you, but without a good spray or three of perfume i don't feel ready to leave the house...
my current obsession unfortunately is on the more expensive end of the scale, in the form of diptyque paris' classic philosykos, with its fruity but not too sweet tones ... or, as diptique perfumiers put it rather more poetically, the sun is at its peak. the famous fig tree comes in a different guise, less fruity and warmed till white-hot by a mist of cedar. wooded and racy, the nourishing accents from its bark and luxuriant foliage envelop the scent.philosykos_resizei've also got my eye (nose?) on the lates offering from jo malone, earl grey and cucumber, which i have yet to smell for fear of being hooked...
jm_CATEGORY27311_272
another one of my loves is gin, and when i wandered into a perfume shop in brighton a year or so ago i was immediately drawn to the penhaligons section, for their amazing packaging if nothing else, and then i saw juniper sling. a hilarious dialogue between me, my dad, and the sales assistant ensured, going something along the lines of
sales assistant: would you like to try the juniper sling?
me: oh yes that's lovely - smells like gin....but if i wear it will i smell of gin? 
dad: no change there then
me: i mean if i wear it will people smell it and think i'm an alcoholic? 
dad: no change there then
2012-Juniper-Slingi'm always on the lookout for a new fragrance, fruity types are my thing...if anyone has any recommendations let me know!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment